Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas is in 26 Days.

Yes. The title says it all. There is less than one month until the most wonderful day of the year: CHRISTMAS. Anyone who knows me knows that I've been counting down since the beginning of October. Call it excessive, but there's no reason NOT to be excited about the time of year that makes me the happiest!

Everything about Christmas season excites me. The shopping, the snow, the decorations, the music, the Christmas spirit, the vacation, the Jesus... But the one thing that really gets me is the lights. For some reason, seeing Christmas lights makes my heart beat faster and I go into a state of euphoria. Is that weird?

Christmas is also the time of year to spend with family. Unfortunately this year, my family has one less shining face, but I'm sure he'll be having a grand ol' time in heaven. I mean, he gets to celebrate Jesus' birthday with Jesus himself! That being said, it's sad to think he won't be here this Christmas. I miss Grandpa a lot...

I can't wait to get a tree. A REAL tree, nothing artificial. And decorate it. Ornaments always make me nostalgic. I love looking backwards.

Anyways, Merry Christmas. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment